Talking Together Project Coordinator West Midlands (maternity cover)
Fixed-term maternity cover contract until the 31st March 2019 in the first instance.
Full-time: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 pa.
Location: Office based in Birmingham
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 29th May 2018
Interview date: Thursday 7th June 2018
TimeBank is a national volunteering charity. We run volunteering projects which are designed to tackle social issues, from social exclusion to digital inclusion. We know the difference volunteers can make and are constantly expanding our tried and tested volunteer mentoring model. In addition, we run employee volunteering programmes for businesses to support their staff to volunteer in their local communities.
About the role
In this role your core responsibilities will be to co-ordinate the delivery of our Talking Together Midlands programme. The main beneficiaries of our work are Muslim women, of Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Somali backgrounds aged over 19 years and speaking little or no English. We provide community based language classes. The classes are delivered by carefully selected, trained and supported volunteers. This is an incredibly impactful project addressing a resolvable issue that affects the lives of thousands of people in the UK.
As a member of our small, committed team you will help recruit, train and support volunteers and ensure the smooth running of day-to-day activities: primarily planning, scheduling and supporting the delivery of English language classes, coordinating the work of our partner organisations in the Midlands.
What you need to know
- The post is based at our Birmingham Office in the Jewellery Quarter with regular travel across the Midlands (most of the work will be delivered in Birmingham, but for this post there will also be a number of projects in Black Country)
- Occasional evening and weekend work might be required
- Some travel within the United Kingdom, especially in the Midlands and to London, might be required with occasional overnight stays away from home
- We are aiming to appoint as soon as possible with a view to starting in the second week of July.
- If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Andy Forster at TimeBank: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the application form, application form guidance, job description and equal opportunities monitoring forms below and return your application to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject section of your email.