Apply to be a mentor
If you would like to volunteer as a mentor for Engage, here’s what you need to know:
You don’t need any previous experience – time, patience and commitment are most important.
We’d like you to have an understanding of – or be willing to learn – the issues faced by young people and to have good listening and communication skills.
- Mentors are volunteers aged 25–55
- You will be subject to references and an informal interview process.
- We will ask you to attend mentoring skills training
- You should be able to commit to a 12 week volunteering period.
- You will need to complete monthly updates and expenses forms.
- You’ll be supported by regular phone calls/meetings with the Project Co-ordinator.
- We’ll expect you to attend quarterly reviews and an evaluation meeting at the end of the relationship.
If you’d like to know more, contact the project co-ordinator RachelH@timebank.org.uk