How does it work?
Engage mentors provide support, inspiration and encouragement to young people to assist and guide them to overcome barriers to education, training and employment.
Mentors commit to spending five hours each month over four months with their mentee to help with things like:
- Supporting the young person to deliver their chosen project successfully
- Identifying next steps after the project is delivered and working together on this
- Creating a personal progression plan
- Learning about opportunities and careers in their area of interest
- Supporting the young person to progress into further education, training, volunteering or employment
Mentors are carefully matched to the mentee, taking into account location, interests and experience.
We want Engage mentors to have an enriched volunteering experience, with the opportunity to gain experience of working with young people and develop their skills in this area.